Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vocation Apostolate in Bemus Point, NY




Sunday,
June 14:
I (Emily) am home on vacation with my family in Bemus Point, New York. The pastor of one of the nearby parishes asked me to speak at his parish this past Sunday, the feast of Corpus Christi. I spoke about the Daughters of St. Paul and my own vocation story. I also encouraged the young people to think and pray about a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. The people appreciated my presence very much, since there are no religious sisters in my area. It was very moving and inspiring for me to speak about vocations in my hometown, where my own vocation was born.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is a real gift, Emily. Thank you for letting us (ok, me) know where you are. Continue enjoying your time with your family!