2. When you actually find a sweater in navy blue, (the Holy Grail of sweaters), you spike it on the floor and do a touchdown dance in the middle of the store.
3. Twenty dollars a month goes a LONG way in your world.
4. You get a lint roller in your Christmas stocking and don't think it's lame.
5. Your freezer is bigger than the wardrobe in the Chronicles of Narnia.
6. You use words like "chasuble" and "thurible" in everyday conversation and do not miss a beat.
7. You don't think it is pointless to clean surfaces that already look clean, (and you actually get some kind of sick pleasure out of it).
8. Inside jokes involving such ordinary things as corn can become an obsession and a communal source of entertainment for months at a time.
9. You have friends who are more than 60 years older than you (or vice versa) and you dig it.
10. Your idea of a rockin' New Year's Eve is a silent retreat and four hours of adoration leading up to midnight. Rock out.
I began this top ten list as my New Year's Eve retreat began. I just couldn't help myself. God didn't mind. The guy has a sense of humor. He's funnier than Will Ferrell. No joke.
In all seriousness though, I had a wonderful retreat. I thoroughly enjoyed myself talking to no one but Jesus for 24 hours and ringing in the New Year in the quiet. I have to say, there are many things I miss in the convent but New Year's Eve parties are not one of them. There is honestly no other place I would rather be on New Year's Eve than in chapel with my sisters smiling in silence as the clock strikes 12. I hope your New Year's was as awesome as ours. We prayed for all of you, and will continue to pray for you in this new year.