Friday, August 17, 2012

The great fruit influx of 2012


We have FANTASTIC benefactors in St. Louis who have been giving us a terrific amount of fruit the past few weeks! Peaches, apples, cherries, peaches, apples…Have I mentioned peaches yet?
With this super abundance of fruit in the house, I’ve been thinking of creative ways to consume as much fruit as possible without getting tired of it, and before it goes bad.
These are my favorite kind of problems…
My solution: Bake!
Fresh Apple Pie!
I love baking. There’s something about combining random things in your kitchen turn it into a goo, pour it into a pan, stick it in the oven and Voila! Yumminess to the extreme!
We have so many people that are SO very good to us, but there were a couple who have truly gone out of their way to help us out. We had been wracking our brains trying to figure out how to thank them when the apples provided a great solution! What better way to say thank you than a homemade pie?
That’s when I turned into crazy pie-maker postulant. It was fun and the pies did turn out looking pretty great (if I do say so myself.).
More Baking! :) 
And I mean, seriously, who can resist a warm apple pie?? 
-Chelsea

3 comments:

Jane said...

I think we're going to have to think of an excuse to come to St. Louis! Miss you all. Jane Noble

PS - this is the 5th time I've entered the secret word to prove I'm not a robot. Maybe I AM one! OK - 6th time...8th...10th (have you ever clicked on the audio - now THAT's a robot!)

Jane said...

OK, I'm going to try again. That robot-prevention dealie was preventing this non-robot from commenting. Anyway, I was going to say - We're on our way (or at least wish we were). Miss you!

Theresa's Mom

FSP Postulants said...

Hahaha... Thanks "Theresa's mom"! ;)

We would be SO happy if you came and visited... No excuse necessary! :)

Glad to be completely assured that you're not a robot, I was worried there for a little bit when y'all came around Christmas. :) heehee..
We miss the Noble Family too!
-Chelsea