Sunday, April 24, 2011

Alleluia!

We are the Easter people and Hallelujah is our song!
-Pope John Paul II


We celebrated the resurrection of Jesus today with a beautiful mass at the Basilica followed by a sumptuous meal prepared by a joint effort. We dined on ham, an Italian meat dish, the name of which I have already forgotten, (prepared of course by Sr. Mary Joan), green bean casserole, potatoes, rolls and salad. Yum! And Sr. Noel prepared a delicious punch as well as three desserts! One dessert was made of rhubarb, my absolute favorite, and it was scrumptious.

And now we are all joyfully playing bowling on Laura's Wii. Or everyone else is while I type away on my computer....

Jesus has risen and the darkness of the Lenten season gives way to joy, a joy that is only a taste of what awaits us in heaven.

May our risen Lord fill you with His light on this blessed day.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Theresa

2 comments:

Brit Clare said...

I hope y'all are ok! I saw pics of the damage in St. Louis. Praying for you all/the city. I live 2.5 hours south of y'all and about 10 miles off the river. They are having to fight flooding down there from the heavy rains the past week.(It was bad Fri-Sun when I was home from school.) My mom told me that the streets are flooded in town. They are having to close the bridges across the MS River because the river is trying to become an ocean. Happy Easter (season)!

Pursued by Truth said...

Hey Brit,

Thanks for the concern, we thankfully are doing just fine. The last tornado that blew through here was worse for us. But we are praying for our neighbors in St Louis and other cities that suffered a lot of damage.

God bless,

Theresa