Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today's Meditation


In today's Gospel, we hear about the story of the prodigal son. Three phrases that struck me were:


"...no one offered him anything."


"While he was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him."


"Your brother has returned..."


As I meditated on this, the Holy Spirit gave me new light: Through this parable, Jesus not only reveals how the Father loves us while we are still sinners and how the Father is waiting for us to come back to Him. Moreover, Jesus also reveals to us, through His life, death and resurrection that unlike the older brother in the parable, He – as our brother – loves us as much as the Father does and He can't just wait for us to come to our senses, He leaves the Father's house to go after us, to find us and show us the way home.


And He calls each of us to do likewise.


"Jesus, Divine Master, our Way, our Truth, and our Life, teach us Your way of truth and holiness."


God bless you, Cheryl

2 comments:

jeffmathews said...

I love the idea of Jesus as our Brother, loving us so much that He leaves His Father's house to come rescue us where we are. I've never thought of it exactly that way before, but I know how my brothers and I would do whatever it took if one of us were lost or in danger. Jesus loves us even more than that! What an awesome God! I really like this reflection and the 2 great pictures that express it perfectly! Thank you!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! It is a joy to share a bit of our lives and the fruits of our prayers to you all! We're praying for you!